I was told I have "fishy" eyes. "Those big watery Pisces one's that make you look as if you just smoked a fat joint," kind of eyes. And you know, I just might!
Our second year of Essential Dharma classes at the dharma center just ended and we went and had our horoscopes read by a highly recommended "Jungian Astrologer." He was good. It was good. It was good to get away and good to come back. Ahah! Conditions arise .....and fall.
I feel asleep thinking of beauty and of what the dancing monk called "eternal oneness" and which I call of
"Abiding love." Through my fishey eyes - my "psychic-spongey-ness" I am slowly, painfully, beginning to see beauty in and of compassion. As I ponder what the deep implications of believing and behaving as if there is truely no-separatness of the the One and us manys all entails?
I think of one who sees through a "colored" filter but does not see that she does. Telling herself the same story she was taught to see as a child. That story still colors her perceptions of certain social and racial concerns and tints it with fear and anger. With a sense of outrage and indignation of the unfairness of conditions we are all to some degree subject too. And because of that story and how neatly its premise and its conclustions fit with the currently prevailing social/economic/political ideologies. It continues to color her view about life. But I wonder? I wonder and maybe I think that maybe the larger picture isn't about fairness and justice as it is about compassion and appreciative joy?
If one imagines that deep deep down there is no separation amongst and between us. That we are all comprized of the same energy, the same life-force, the same lovingplayfullness. "We are the world," as the late, great, and odd entity known as Michael Jackson once said.
So I'm a pondering and a wondering what that means in terms of how I and how We relate to self and other? Right now I am kinda leaning towards taking John Joseph's advice and staging a good old Capricorn release session. All I need now is a good Hallmark movie to move me into a more compassionate state.........
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment