Just finished watching the "Hurt Locker," hence half the title: "war is a drug." An ancient and honored drug. A rush and a high unparalled. The violence of the movie is what occurs silently within - growing deadly within the souls of the warriors who chase the rush and the high. I am grateful I did not and never will have to endure those conditions. Nor those endured time and time again, those who have to pay time and time again.....we "will always have the poor among us."
Being a soldier is a choice. Becoming a warrior is, perhaps not.
These past days alone have been kind to me. I realize I too need the solitude, the seclusion, and the silence of this space Karen and I are creating together. I have mended fence and scrubbed floors, played with images and words, and I have been blessed and touched by the sacredness of life - by the simple elegance of it all.
Walking across the pasture, the wind in my face and hair. Exhilrating! Wonderful! How good it feels to walk the green earth to feel the actual ground beneath my feet not cement or packed dirt. Just the earth! Crickets heard and instantly I am 7 or 12 and its July and the stars are bright and I am with people who love me and with whom I feel safe and all is right with the world. POOF!
Then i am right back on the hillside, Tomo is standing still a few yards away just watching me as I turn into the sun and perform sun salutation rituals while aspiring that all beings might experience moments of such joy as this - that they too might know they are held in love by the universe. A peace settles upon me. A meadow lark sings nearby, its voice piercing the deep silence of the field. Tomo moves closer to me and stands looking back home. She offers me her muzzle as if to make sure I have not turned to salt or stone. Its not my land but no one can take what i experience there away from me. And the view is grand!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment