For some time I have been pondering the question of time both as a phenomena with spiritual and quantum characteristics, and as it relates to
photography and to the
creative process. History and life stories, myths and personal tales bear witness to the import of, to the "decisiveness" of, to the earth-shattering / mind-blowing "OMG" moments of life. Of our life. So, no question that moments are important and I think its important to experience such moments and perhaps more so to be humbled by and moved to be grateful for, those such moments. I know I am.
So, when does a moment start? Does a moment have a specified time frame? Of what duration? Or maybe its musically based - grounded in some deeply rooted heart pulse - a beat recalling Elvis, and Hank, B.B. Freddie Van Morrission and the boys. If so I wonder is it counted in the 6/8 of african rhythm or in the 3/4 of country rock? Surely not counted by the ticks of a clock. Safe to say I do not know. Equally honest to say that its important to pay attention to those qualities and energies which come together in a "moment" that can change one's life. If one has never had an experience of being intimately and deeply connected with / held by / composed of that which is variously known as "Father," or the "unconditional," I simply call it abiding love, then you know that which I speak of and you probably remember that or those moments are comprising the most important moments of your life. If not, if you have not had such an experience and you want one or several, than start using your imagination to take you there and best start soon.
Clearly this topic will require more moments. I knew it might the instant the idea popped to examine my experience of "life moments." What ever they might be. Without or with as little judgement as possible, learning how to stay more in the moment. Practicing ways to hover around and linger a bit longer. Learning to notice a complete moment in a breath, and learning to let go of that breath. Finding freedom in the mind and experiencing greater spaciousness and depth of the mind and most cool of all, almost all the time feeling held within a vast space of that "ever present everywhere....that warm love." (
Van Morrison)
doc rob
No comments:
Post a Comment