60 is rapidly approaching and Saturn makes its final return, in the time of my life. Aches and pains and more and more complaints from these old bones and from my worn well flesh. In my mind I am only twenty five and life as it is now can be projected onwards. But that is not what is. What is is that this body i have so taken for granted for far too many years is aging. These molecules that aggragate around me in at least five dimensions have agreed to slowly let go. I know not where they go nor do I know where I go.
A friend gave me a gift of the image of life as "the river and the eddy." The eddy being all that is a phenomena - an object. an object-of-consciousness. And the river is the unconditional; the ground of all being; the one thought/one Mind; God.
I find it comforting and intuitively correct to hold the view of life as river and eddy. I'd like to think that the time ahead will be smooth and gentle. Truth is I do not know. Each day I ask god to grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change. I pray for Equanimity and for Joy. It seems to be working - working in ways I could never have imagined. On we flow.........
This kind of practice deepens in and over time. Changes arise. One starts to recognize patterns. Patterns of behavior, of thought, and habitiual patterns of reactions and response. One starts to have insight into their own generic and particular eddies which make up the "streaming" that we are. All of us droplets of water - all of us oceans of light. Catching a falling leaf is equivalent to catching a falling star. Isn't it?
doc rob (a/k/a) the eccentric old coot
Wednesday, January 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment